Bohemia Interactive has been supporting Arma 3 with DLC updates on a very regular basis since its launch. The next update that will become available in early September was just announced: Laws of War. Previously in development under the code name “Orange DLC”, Laws of War will feature a different perspective on the battlefield with the addition of a humanitarian faction, vans, drones, a mini-campaign, and more.
- International Development & Aid Project – This new faction, IDAP, is a non-governmental organization which is specialized in rapidly responding to humanitarian disasters.
- Mini-Campaign – Take on the role of IDAP explosive specialist Nathan MacDade, who is tasked with identifying and deactivating mines after the war in the Republic of Altis & Stratis has ended.
- Van – IDAP makes use of a new van, which comes in multiple variants, with over twenty custom liveries in total.
Utility & Demining Drone – IDAP has a new drone at its disposal to be able to quickly move supplies to a specific location or assist with demining operations.
- APERS Mine Dispenser – The APERS Mine Dispenser is an effective but controversial area denial weapon system. It is typically only used in desperate situations.
- Vests, Bags, Headgear & Facewear – Various pieces of new gear help carry out your duties, including safety vests and goggles, hard hats, messenger bags, and more.
- Additional Content – Time trial challenges for the new van and drone, a paramedic outfit, and a training mine.
Sadly, there are still no extensive beard options in the game. Come on, Bohemia, get it together!
Alongside the new DLC, the base Arma 3 game will receive a free content update which will bring two new scenarios, additional Steam achievements, as well as many of the new items and functions of the Laws of War DLC.
Arma 3: Laws of War is now available for pre-order with a 10% discount in the Bohemia Store. A portion of the proceeds from direct sales will be donated to the International Committee of the Red Cross. Kudos!