Today Ubisoft revealed their post-launch plan for Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey and it is something to get excited about.
Ubisoft will bring an episodic format to the future content of Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey shortly after its release. The latest iteration in the storied Assassin’s Creed series will also have a season pass and free narrative content that will be released on a regular basis, providing a constant flow of new stories to experience, access to recurring free in-game events, challenging enemies, and daily quests.
What’s in the Season Pass
Season Pass holders will have access to an array of goodies including two free Assassin’s Creed games, and two significant storylines with three episodes each. Take a look at the Season Pass details below.
- Story Arc 1 – Legacy of the First Blade: This episodic adventure will introduce players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade, changing the course of history. Learn more about the backstory of the Assassins and why they choose to fight from the shadows. This story will start December 2018 with episodes being released approximately six weeks apart.
- Story Arc 2 – The Fate of Atlantis: Confront godly creatures and uncover the secrets of the legendary sunken city. In a saga filled with twists and turns, players will get even closer to Greek mythology and the First Civilization. Starting spring 2019 with episodes being released approximately six weeks apart.
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered: Includes all DLC. Benedict Arnold Missions, Hidden Secrets Pack and Tyranny of King George. The Remastered editions will feature 4K and & HDR on PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One X and PC, higher resolution textures, new graphics engine, and other graphical enhancements. Gameplay mechanics and ergonomics have also been improved. Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will release in March 2019.
- Assassin’s Creed III Liberation Remastered: Originally released as a PlayStation Vita exclusive, Assassin’s Creed III Liberation has been remastered for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in full HD. Follow Aveline’s story as she battles Spanish forces in the American south to win freedom for her land and people. Embark on an epic journey that will take her from the crowded streets of New Orleans to voodoo-haunted swamps and ancient Mayan ruins.
Free For All
After launch, all players will have access to free content including new narrative content and in-game events. The free content includes:
- The Lost Tales of Greece: Free episodic questlines will regularly release in between episodes, providing a constant flow of new stories for players to discover. These quests will feature familiar faces and new characters.
- Recurring In-Game Events: Each week a new epic ship or mercenary will appear and present players with challenging battles as they hunt down powerful enemies. Daily and weekly contracts will send players on new quests across Greece.
- Discovery Tour: This educational tool will let players explore the game world in a conflict-free environment and learn more about Ancient Greece’s monuments, culture, and history.
- Future Updates: These updates will include monstrous and mythical creatures to battle, a New Game Plus mode presenting new challenges and the ability to see how different choices affect players’ stories and many more.
Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey will have something for everyone as Ubisoft brings more content to the table. Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey will be released on October 5, 2018, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Gold, Collectors, and Ultimate Editions owners will have access to the game three days early, starting October 2.