The Farming Simulator series is one of those types of games that I struggle to explain why I love so much. I mean, I turn into a virtual farmer who has to cultivate, fertilize, and then farm rows and rows of fields. I head into the woods early in the morning to fell trees, cut them to size, and then haul them to the lumberyard to sell for money which I then use to purchase feed for my cattle. Most people look at me funny when I say that I enjoy that, but the folks behind the series know all too well why it’s so popular. That’s why 2018 will see the release of Farming Simulator 19, the latest iteration of the series, which will bring many new features and technological advances.
Reveal Trailer Highlights
The biggest new feature that’s visible in the brief reveal trailer embedded above is a complete overhaul of the game’s graphics engine. The graphics in this game have always been serviceable, but getting an upgrade in visual fidelity means that those sunrises seen from your tractor should be even more spectacular.
The game will continue to support solo or multiplayer game modes, allowing up to 16 players to work a farm together. Frankly, this is how the game is best experienced. The social aspect of working with your friends is what appeals the most to me. Players will be able to choose from one of three distinct open worlds at launch. The South American environment from the previous game will return, along with some improvements. The other two will be brand new and we should get more details on those soon.
Of course, Farming Simulator 19 will expand on its fleet of vehicles and machinery, promising to the deliver the franchise’s most extensive roster yet.
In addition to the new environment, vehicles, livestock, and crops, farmers will be able to raise horses for the first time in the series. Other standout features include the following:
- The biggest step forward for the Farming Simulator franchise!
- A new graphics engine, offering the most striking and immersive visuals
- 3 huge, lively open worlds with authentic landscapes loaded with farming activities
- Hundreds of authentic farming vehicles and tools from the biggest brands in the world
- The most content-rich Farming Simulator ever, with new prestigious brands, new crops, and new animals such as horses
- Develop your farm online with up to 16 players and enrich your Farming experience with community-created mods on consoles and PC
I can’t wait to learn more about what’s to come in Farming Simulator 19 and look forward to sharing more news with you here at TL;DR Games soon!